Well, that may be a little bit of an exaggeration. But there are twelve games on and if you're in the USofA and get the NHL Network then you get treated to a rare triple-header. Which is pretty freaking awesome. Starting at one is the Penguins/Devils game, then at four it will be the Coyotes/Sharks game and then at seven is HNIC Leafs/Canadiens which you know will be some kind of bloodbath.
Sorry for the more than two weeks between posts. We are the literal worst as you should already know. But we are back with a few links and videos that we think are fun, fun fun for a Friday.
- In case you were wondering what player was on what team or what moves a certain team made, NHL.com has a great comprehensive list of all of the moves that each team in the league made. It is definitely worth a look-see just to brush up on what is going on.
- So, he does exist and isn't actually the name of the Big Bad in the new Star Trek movie like we thought...Korbinian Holzer.
Count us shocked.
- The New York Islanders traded a conditional second-round draft pick to the Boston Bruins for Tim Thomas. Yeah, we thought it was strange too until we heard that the Islanders needed to reach the cap floor then it made sense.
- The Flyers will keep Kimmo Tomonen for another year which is great for their up and coming defensemen.
- If you want, you can vote on the Bridgestone Best Moment of the Week but we just wanted to link it because all three of the moments chosen to vote on are pretty baller. We definitely recommend taking a gander and checking out the videos here.
- If you're in a fantasy team and need someone to either replace an injured player or someone who isn't producing like you would want, NHL.com has a few recommendations on guys who would be a great pick-up. They are the players who play with the superstars like Chris Kunitz. Everyone forgets about him but he does score quite a few goals thanks to oh, whatshisname that number eighty-seven kid.
- Is it weird that we watched this and then immediately wanted to buy anything they told us? Cause we think it's a very compelling argument for whatever they are selling. We would buy it without even thinking.
Guess that's the point.
Also, who else thinks that with every passing day Matt Duchene looks more and more like Sidney Crosby? Because we definitely think he does.
On a sad note, we would like to take the time to mourn the loss of Brian Burke as General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs. We will miss his truculence and his bad attitude and his awful trades. But most of all, we will miss his hair.
Oh boy will we miss that hair. And the attitude of course.
If you guys have any videos or tidbits that you want to send us, please do. We gather what we can and then post it here. Send us anything and everything that you find interesting or funny.