- Apparently the Islanders offered the Blue Jackets all of their picks in 2012 for the second overall.
ALL OF THE PICKS. We can't even fathom right now which general manager is worse: the one offering that or the one refusing it.
- Brandon Sutter is excited about his opportunity to play in Pittsburgh. Yeah, he better be because we're ready to fatten him up. PGH food for the win!
- Devils defenseman Mark Fayne will be out 3-4 months after undergoing wrist surgery.
- The Jets signed Ondrej Pavelec to a five-year contract extension. Impressive. And it's back-loaded.
- So, the Hockey Hall of Fame. There were the expected calls. And the ones that actually happened. Congratulations to Pavel Bure, Mats Sundin, Joe Sakic and Adam Oates.
- Speaking of Oates, he was named the new Washington Capitals coach only hours before the Hall announcement. What a day.
Jonathan Toews talks about his BFF Patrick Kane
- The Avalanche re-signed defensemen Ryan Wilson to a three-year deal.
- Acott Arniel was hired as the head coach of the Canucks farm team in Chicago.
- The Sharks wasted no time in signing three players: Justin Braun, Tommy Wingels and Andrew Desjardins.
- Ryan White re-signed with the Canadiens for one more year.
- The Blues signed Ken Hitchcock to a contract extension. Because if they didn't we think that half of the NHL would have been doing some hoodoo to get him on their team.
- Ralph Kreuger was named the new head coach of the Edmonton Oilers.
- The Flames traded Jordan Henry and a fifth-round pick in 2013 to the Capitals for the rights to Dennis Wideman then signed him to a five-year deal. Bam!
Cabbie with the draftees...