Friday, June 22, 2012
2012 NHL Entry Draft - What We Noticed
If you're curious about what we thought about the draft, check out the Twitter. Curtis had the floor for the first round of the draft and emotions ran high.
But if you're like us, the Draft was full of surprises and picks that made no sense and trades that shocked us.
Here are some things you should know that we learned about the draft...
- Ryan Murray was taken by the Edmonton Oilers.
The Columbus Blue Jackets do not exist. And never did.
- Nail Yakupov takes a call while being photographed.
He was probably shoe-less as well.
- Jordan Staal is still a Penguin. This trade never happened.
And Evgeni Malkin was traded to the Devils for Zach Parise straight up, yo.
- The Edmonton Oilers are actually run by Ryan Nugent-Hopkins who is the smartest person in that organization.
- Brian Burke made his pick and then dropped the mic. Like a boss.
And then promptly scared the crap outta Morgan Rielly.
"WE DON'T WEAR HATS, SON!"
- The Capitals picked a Swede, not a surprise there.
It was either nice hair or a Russian.
- Someone in the Boston Bruins organization is a troll.
And all of the Subbans totally approve.
- Griffin Reinhart has a very serious resting face.
No, seriously, that's his resting face.
- We really enjoyed the artsy way they photographed the Top Three picks.
- Mathew Dumba must really like the Minnesota Wild.
YEAH GET IT BOI, YOU REPRESENT THAT WILD!
- Honestly, you can always tell a Swede and a Finn.
Swede: hair, shirt shirt shirt and the white belt
Finn: FOREHEAD and forty-five repeating vowels in both names
- Top 3 GMs based on looks:
1) Steve Yzerman
2) Chuck Fletcher
3) Marc Bergevin
- Gary Bettman photobombed the ONE-TWO-THREE pick picture
and he doesn't care at all. He's so done with this.
- Nail Yakupov got his eyebrows done by the same person who does (doesn't do) Zach Bogosian's eyebrows.
- Happiest draft pick who wasn't a Russian: Jacob Trouba.
Coincidentally, he is the mouth twin of Jeff Petry. And they're both American defensemen.
Awesome. And creepy.
- Tom Wilson.
We might have to become Capitals fans after seeing his pretty face and Mike Green-esque hair. Seriously thinking about it.
- Guy Boucher is so sassy.
You know he's judging Slater on how he puts on that jersey. "Oh, no you didn't. That's not how you put on a jersey. Son, you got some shit to learn."
- Radek Faksa.
We kind of love you.
- Teuvo Teravainen.
Solid pick. Solid name.
- High-fives all around. Us yinzers love the high-five.
- The End.