So, let's talk about how crazy this post-season has been. Does anyone else feel like everything that you think should happen isn't and it's like we're in an alternate universe where the remaining teams are not the ones you expected? We think it's awesome that teams like the Kings and the Devils and the Coyotes are representing in the second round.
But it's a little strange, right? It's like we're in the Twilight Zone.
Discuss amongst yourselves, ladies.
- We found this video and article on Puck Daddy and we couldn't stop laughing. It's new to us because admittedly we either run errands or mute the television during intermissions on NBC. So bad.
Keith Jones does not like Alex Radulov. And it's freaking hilarious.
- And now Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn are both suspended from Game Three for violating team rules. Go figure.
- It looks like the Blues have to run with Brian Elliott because Jaroslav Halak is not ready to play in this series. Probably not good news for the Blues.
- The Devils will be without Ilya Kovalchuk tonight due to an injury. Also not good news but rookie Adam Larsson is set to make his playoff debut. Maybe that will be the jump that the Devils need to win a game.
- We suggest that you bookmark this for a busy July, it's the comprehensive list of all the Unrestricted Free Agents this offseason.
- Daniel Alfredsson is pondering retirement. We figure this is going to be a Scott Niedermayer/Teemu Selanne/Mats Sundin situation.
World Championships news:
- The rosters have been set for the 2012 World Championships.
- PK Subban was injured in a pre-Worlds game after taking a hit from Luca Sbisa.
- Alex Burrows and Matt Hackett were added to Team Canada's roster. Zdeno Chara joined Slovakia.
- With Canada down by one goal to Switzerland and an extra attacker on the ice, Jordan Eberle tipped a Duncan Keith shot with 0.8 seconds left to tie the game. Of course it was him. Then he scored the winner in the shootout. Of course.
- Here is the full schedule...games start on Friday.