#3 Phoenix Coyotes / #8 Los Angeles Kings
Biggest news out of this game was the scrums between the whistles, the Coyotes frustration at the Kings discipline, the hit from behind on Dustin Brown by Martin Hanzal and Shane Doan being handed a game misconduct for hitting a King from behind. Hanzal (who isn't so hot right now) was suspended for one game for the hit.
Needless to say, it was a rough and tumble game.
Oh, and Jeff Carter. How could we forget about everyone's favorite tanned troll? He burst onto the scene in a huge way, with three goals and some epic goal celebrations involving Mike Richards, Drew Doughty and tanning.
- Two potential Conn Smythe winners are facing off in the WCF: Dustin Brown and Mike Smith.
- Dale Hunter has stepped down as the Capitals head coach.
- The Blue Jackets signed Todd Richards to a two-year contract extension.
- It looks like Alexander Semin will not be re-signing with the Washington Capitals and will be testing free agency as a UFA. By 'free agency', we're sure they mean Mother Russia is calling.
- We found this article on Yahoo!Sports about Seth Jones, son of NBA legend Popeye Jones and top prospect in US hockey, to be very interesting and you should definitely check it out.
- Canada beat Kazakhstan by the score of eight to nothing. Jeez kids, that's a little excessive. Oh, we kid, we kid.
- The US won 5-0 over the Finns, a stunning victory considering how insanely unbeatable Finland looked in the previous games of the tournament.
- Russia stayed unbeaten by winning their game against Italy which had help from their newest arrivals, Alex Semin and Alex Ovechkin.
- Canada and Russia are the top teams in the World Championships. What else is new? La-ti-da, just kidding.