Not really just in but close to it.
Onto other things...SO MANY INJURIES, DAMMIT!
- Zach Parise is out for three months following surgery on the knee he injured in the Devils/Kings game.
- Dion Phaneuf is now out with a lower-body injury after hitting a Senator in the game today. Boooo!
- Milan Jurcina will miss the next 2-4 weeks before with a hamstring injury. Article.
- Then Jordan Staal had to go and break his hand in practice. He will be out an additional six weeks with the injury.
Some good news:
- Drew Doughty was cleared to play and will more than likely play in the Kings next game against the Tmapa Bay Lightning.
- Jason Pominville was cleared to play, finally! We're excited.
- The Sabres signed Zach Kassian. Oh man are we excited.
- Daniel Briere was suspended three games for the malicious cross-check in the Flyers/Islanders game a few nights ago.
- Mark Letestu is a good surprise, offensively for the Penguins. Plus, he's a real cutie.
- The Anaheim Ducks are keeping Cam Fowler, for better or worse, it's an interesting decision.
- Bobby Holik blames the Ilya Kovalchuk contract fiasco for the Devil's failing so far. Well, it couldn't be the injury to Zach Parise and their inability to play offense or defense.
On the Brian Burke front:
- he defended captain Dion Phaneuf against the boo-birds at the ACC, we think that he's right in saying what he did
"Are they entitled to do it?" Burke said, "Sure, they are. And I honestly don't believe it was a lot of them. It doesn't take many fans booing to be heard so I think we're talking about a very small number, but my opinion is that it's disgraceful to boo Dion Phaneuf for everything he has done for this franchise, on and off the ice, in a very short period of time."
- he also is doing everything he can to help the development of USA hockey in the states...we love him for that.