- In the Rangers/Oilers game Sunday there was a line brawl of sorts started from a half-fight between Sean Avery and Ladislav Smid.
Theo Peckham went insane. Brandon Dubinsky was fined for trying to beat someone up from the bench. The Oilers still aren't happy with the Rangers after that.
Doesn't always seem like the games against an out of conference team are more intense and nasty than the ones even in the division?
- Just watch this link. Please do it for all of us, do it to end hunger, do it to bring world peace.
Thanks to Macke and Shanny for sending the goodies.
- The Hurricanes have been a busy, busy bunch.
First they claimed Troy Bodie from the Ducks off of waivers.
Then they traded Anton Babchuk and Tom Kostopoulos for Brett Sutter (yes, that one) and Ian White.
- The Kings have also been quite busy, sending Brayden Schenn to the AHL and placing Alexei Ponikarovsky on IR.
And to add to their sudden injury woes, Scott Parse will be out for a almost a month after having surgery on his hip.
- Matt Duchene is finally a man
- Islanders wives and girlfriends participated in the 2010 DogCatemy Celebrity Gala where there were pretty ladies and puppies galore. The charity gala benefited the North Shore Animal League America or NSALA.
- Mike Richards had some strong words for PK Subban.
"He's (Subban) a guy that's come in the league and hasn't earned respect," Richards told the Team 990 radio station after the game.
Don't you think it's funny that Mike Richards is preaching to someone else about the idea of respect? (had to get in a Flyers jab at some point in this post, it's a prerequisite)
- Dion Phaneuf is off crutches and is getting ready to come back. Eventually. Someday. Hopefully for the Leafs sake (we think).
- Recently, in Detroit
Yes, he did just score on his own net.
- HBO will be previewing the 24/7 documentary this Saturday. It will be replayed about a million times so if you miss it, it's not like you're missing anything. Plus, it'll be on YouTube within fifteen minutes.
- The day before the Ducks played the Hawks in Chicago, Jonas Hiller was hit in the face with a puck during practice. Let us repeat that: Jonas Hiller, the goaltender for the Ducks, was hit. in the face. with a puck. It slipped through his mask and cut him just above the eye.
- Some of the prettiest Canadiens (and Brian Gionta) modeled clothes for Elle Quebec.
Oh, hey, hey boy
- Various Predators are participating in Movember. Here are some pictures and a video about it.
And here are our personal favorites.
it's like puppy fur
looks like a truck driver
HOW IS THIS ONLY AFTER TWO WEEKS?!
can you say 'mugshot'? At least he could have smiled
- Did you know that the Columbus Blue Jackets had a third jersey to unveil? Apparently they are November 24th at a mall. Why hasn't this leaked yet? Or has it and no one has cared?
- Hahahahaha, oh Corey Perry you're so funny
(taken from Ducks' blogger Adam Brady's blog)
- whew, we think that's it, that's a lot of stuff and links and pictures...we're pooped