- Cristobal Huet signed a contract with a team in the Swiss National League. The Hawks are allowing him to be borrowed.
- The Nashville Predators re-signed Patric Hornqvist to a 3 year 9.25 million dollar contract. He better be worth it or Shea Weber will eat him.
- Joffrey Lupul's back isn't ready for action just yet. He has no timetable but should be back this season.
- Rachel emailed us with this and we thought that it was important enough to share:
I don't know if you know, but The Hockey News Ultimate Fantasy Pool Guide has been released. At least, it has in Canada. It's the first one I have seen thus far, and I usually get all of them. There is a good Taylor/Tyler write up, as well as some fairly awesome projections and such.
Also, TSN will be doing pretty thorough coverage of the World Hockey Summit, which starts today.
- Aaron Ward retired. This is a sad day for us. We've always liked him. Hopefully we will see more of him on Versus. He's funny as hell.
- Canadian Tire and the NHL are partnering up for something, we didn't read the whole article. What we did get was that the face of the partnership will be non other than Conn Smythe winner and Noodles's favorite captain, Jonathan Toews.
- Speaking of the Hawks, Hayley sent us this parody video and it's fantastic:
"Imma have a coupla drafts and meet up with my boys to catch the third half..." hahaha
- The Vancouver Canucks signed Bill Sweatt. No terms, nothing exciting. We just felt like reporting it.
- Not to be outdone, the Atlanta Thrashers signed Freddy Meyer the fourth to a one-year, two-way deal.
- And the most puzzling story to come out of the weekend was that the Penguins signed Arron Asham. We've never liked the guy and we're not too thrilled by this signing.