It seems like all the trades and signing craziness that started two nights ago is all Stan Bowman's fault. He had to kick down the doors with his blockbuster trade.
He just had to.
Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Eager, Brent Sopel and Akim Aliu were traded to the Atlanta Thrashers for Marty Reasoner, Jeremy Morin and two 2010 first and second round picks.
Wow, that's a mouth full.
Then, wait for this, Bowman traded Colin Fraser to the Edmonton Oilers for a sixth round pick in the 2010 draft.
And not to be outdone, the Hawks are sending the Stanley Cup to be in the Gay Pride Parade. We like it.
- The San Jose Sharks signed Patrick Marleau and Joe "Hero" Pavelski to four-year-deals worth 6.9 million and 4 million respectively.
- Wojtek Wolski signed a 2 year 7.6 million dollar contract with the Phoenix Coyotes. Reeeeediculous.
- Tim Thomas wants out of Boston. NOW!
- The Habs made qualifying offers to four players plus Carey Price. We're still upset over the Halak trade.
- Everyone wants Kaberle.
- Craig Ramsay, assistant coach for the Boston Bruins, was named the head coach of the Atlanta Thrashers.
- The Penguins regular season schedule will be a bitch...so they say.
- And lastly, the Hockey Hall of Fame is inducting women. Cammi Granato and Angela James were named as inductees for 2010. We're pumped, fixt-pumping around the house and yelling that women rule.
***We have a special spy in Las Vagas right now and she snapped a few amazing pictures of the Awards red carpet and had a few run-ins with some NHLers. We're so proud of her and can't wait for her to get back. You all will know what went down when she gets back and gives us the lowdown for the blog.***