Russia vs Czech Republic - 4-2
Evgeni Malkin exploded on everyone's fine afternoon with two goals.
Then Alex Ovechkin had to take the spotlight off of him with that hit on Jaromir Jagr.
Milan Michalek scored just to make it interesting but it didn't matter.
USA vs Canada - 5-3
When the game started, we wanted it to end 155-154 with whoever winning. The house was divided with Noodles/Tude rooting for USA and Henrik/Macke going all the way for Team Canada.
Uh, there were a few battle royales in the house. But that's to be expected when you hang with us.
Ryan Miller stole the show. He was lights out.
On the other end, Martin Brodeur showed his age. At least we're blaming him for Canada's loss.
And Brian Ragalski had the game of his life, so says Brian Burke/Noodles because they're the same person.
Sweden vs Finland - 3-0
Loui Eriksson had two goals.
And Henrik Lundqvist had the shutout.
We guess that Miikka Kiprusoff can't handle the starting job? Maybe.
- Ryan Kesler guaranteed a win over the Canadians in August 2009.
Unreal, sir. And at least you scored. Oh, it was an emptynetter? Still...
- PopWatch picked the Olympics Studs...Team USA's Ryans...
(Thanks to reader Shannon for the link)
- Patrick Kane picks his top five pump-up songs.
Oh yeah, nice choices kid.
- Wonder who watched the USA/Canada game? Here's an article with some fine name-dropping in it.
- What if Czechoslovakia never separated. The Hockey News posed this question to some players. Video.
PS: Jaroslav Spacek sounds like Arnold Schwarznegger. Scary.