Just a quickie recap of some important events in the hockey world as seen by us...
- Max Talbot will be enjoying his summer with shoulder surgery and will likely miss a little bit of the season. Too much partying we think.
- The Florida Panters signed Jeff Taffe. We know of one person who is excited to be getting rid of him.
- There's a rumor that Joe Sakic will be announcing his retirement on Thursday. We can hear Matt Duchene wailing from his station outside Cul De Sakic's home.
- Apparently, the New York Rangers are done with Nikolai Zherdev. There are quite a few gems in this article...
Why, Ottawa GM Bryan Murray last week all but said that he was insulted by being offered a tandem of Zherdev and Michal Rozsival in exchange for the toxic Dany Heatley.
Now that's a sentence we would have been proud to write.
- Tyler Kennedy's day with the Cup has officially been posted to the HHOF site. We think that he's secretly trailer-park, like just him. THe rest of his family is normal but somehow he is trailer-trash. We don't know how that works.
We went to the signing in McMurray for the DVD. And there were a hell of a lot of Lemangs at the Giant Eagle.
We waited in line for two and a half hours and it was like five seconds of actual face time. Thought it would have been at least a minute or something.
That was the best picture we got of him.
Still, we got the DVD and can't wait to watch it. Tomorrow we are hosting a viewing party and we couldn't be more excited.