We went to Columbus to watch the draft as you all know and it was a hell of a time. We found a Tim Hortons and harrassed the poor attendant then made fun of Steve Mason because we could.
Things we learned while being at the draft...
- Kim and Zoe from the PuckHufffers joined us on our way to the draft as well as Macke from Edmonton. We had a very full car.
- In Columbus, we took ridiculous pictures and then ate at Boston's Pizza where Noodles and Henrik got a little tipsy before 5 pm.
- The Blue Jackets ran out of t-shirts before we even made it to the door and we weren't that far back. They said the first 500 fans would get a shirt and we were totally in the first 500.
- Before anything even started, the Ducks traded Chris Pronger to the Flyers for Joffrey Lupul, Luca Sbisa and three picks. What a lopsided trade.
- Thank Gary that John Tavares was drafted first.
We could feel the wind from the Isles fans screaming in Long Island. He looked so freaking excited.
- Why does Victor Hedman look like a man?
He's only 18 but has been living on his own with a girlfriend since he was like eleven. That's pretty insane.
- Matt Duchene has been officially adopted by us.
When he rattled off the kinds of sticks that the Avalanche players use, we knew that he had to be our son. Only someone related to us would be able to do that.
- Did you know that RJ Umberger had a baby? We didn't and were surprised that someone let him violate them like that.
- The Jackets pick is cute. We loved hearing the arena cheer for him.
- We toured the Blue Jackets locker room and it was awesome.
There were hair products in the bathroom and names on the lockers for the boys coming to the prospect camp.
- Macke approved of the Oilers pick.
- Steve Mason was interviewed by the Jackets radio and we just did our creepy wave and screamed random things at him.
- There are no points to Pierre McGuire's stories. He just tells them so that people will know that he touches the young boys.
- The Nashville blueline is going to be insane. The Preds are hogging all the good blueliners as if they're going out of style.
- We were kicked out of the arena after the 25th pick and had to get text messages to find out who was drafted in the next five spots. That sucked and we were kind of mad that we had to leave.
- The Pens pick was Simon Despres.
- The Tim Hortons trip was insane.
We had five separate checks going through the drive-thru and Macke apologized by saying that she was Canadian, as if that changed things.
- At Timmy Ho's, the lobby/restaurant part was closed but somehow Henrik got in. She took a picture of Sidney Crosby's ad for the restaurant and then we were locked out.
- There were so many Swedes taken in the first round. We could tell even without Pierre McGuire telling us because of their hair.
- What a draft day.