Penguins 6 - Islanders 1
- There was a moment of silence before the anthem and we are happy to report that no fans said anything stupid during it.
- JStaal is disgusting on the PK. He was on fire the whole night and we blame him for the Islanders not scoring on their two 5-on-3s.
- Speaking of penalties, the Pens killed two 5-on-3s. Two, wtf? That's just insane. Like, how? We never expected that.
- We like how Coachy started the game with the two former Islanders centered by MVP. That was nice of him.
- Garon's rebounds freaked us the hell out. We were sure that more than one goal was going to go in.
- There were these two drunkards behind us that were hilarious. They kept calling out random players names for no reason and yelling incoherent words. We were cracking up at them.
- The line of Cooke-Staal-Kennedy was balls out. As usual because of Coachy. Matt's goal was a thing of beauty (to steal Bobby's words).
- Cappy whining for a penalty. That was warranted of course.
- Mark Eaton had a funny game. He was doing the weirdest things like aborting the puck to Letang and just getting demolished by hits.
- Seconds before Kennedy scored LeTude screamed, "DO IT BABY!" And when he did, she attacked Noodles with the claws of death.
-We were whooping when Gonchar scored. And he probably was like having flashbacks of when he played in Vietnam a.k.a. the Washington Capitals.
- Brooks Orpik must have mind powers of persuasion because twice he looked at Josh Bailey and the kid gave the puck to him like "OH MY GARY HE DOESN'T BLINK TAKE THE PUCK PLEASE."
- We think JStaal was drunk but that's how he is every game. When he waved during the Awards Ceremony, you could smell the liquor off of him.
- We're totally giving a fourth star to JStaal/Matt/TK because that line was on the ice for everything good.
- Doucher was lazy, never keeping the puck in when he clearly could. But we're just bitter that Halbert was scratched.
Shirts Off Their Backs (that's the professional pictures) and here are a few highlights from the pictures.
Petey just looks thrilled to be giving his jersey to someone. Either that or he's just thrilled to be alive like always. Honestly, he may be the happiest man in hockey.
Are we surprised that a man got a Letang jersey? NOT AT ALL. We know that man was just crying inside to be touching Letang, just getting that close. His friends will talk about that day for years to come.
What caring teammates.
Our pictures from the game...sorta.
That is the sign that LeTude made for the game. We think it was highly appropriate.
This is our prerequisite Petey picture for the night. He's a huncher.
Cappy and Scary Brooks got the Good Guy award or something. We're too lazy to look it up.
As you all know, Mark Eaton was the Masterton nominee for the Pens. He didn't break a bone skating to receive the award. We are stunned.
Malkin getting one of his eighty awards.
JStaal wonders how much beer can be held in that trophy.
Eric received the community award. We think it's because he finger-painted with children.
The scratches all came out of the runway together. It was clear that Halbert and Max were making fun of Ziggy as they walked.
Halbert was first and he literally strutted over to the carpet not even caring if he fell on the ice. What a manwhore.
Dumper Bob shook the persons hand so nicely. He just seems like such a nice guy.
Mark broke all his fingers when he shook the man's hands because he's so thin.
We don't know who is smaller, Dupuis or that woman.
"What are you doing tonight? Wanna party? You look old enough, I'm totally underage."
Grandpa Guerin ruffled the child's hair. The kid looked traumatized. GG was throwing t-shirts and they were sailing over the seats. The man has a good arm.
K-Unit. He didn't do anything interesting.
You could see Matt and JStaal planning before they carried Ziggy to the carpet. And they high-fived each other when they left.
Petey was giggling the whole time he skated to the carpet. He acted like everything was a joke.
The boy that got Matt's jersey was so excited. He actually looked like he was happy to be getting a jersey.
Nice suit Max. And he totally signed after the game which was awesome.
LeTude started screaming when the woman's name was announced to get the Fedotenko jersey because she totally knew her. And then said, "BITCH! That should be my jersey."
Craig Adams is just happy that someone recognizes him. We yelled for him after the game and he actually looked surprised that someone knew who he was. Of course we do!
Eric Godard: That hair should be illegal. You should be illegal. The end.
Nice poof skank.
The pic pf Garon was blurry and we didn't care enough to actually fix it.
Doucher stripping, gross. The man is totally happy.
A man touched Brooks Orpik and lived to tell about it.
TK, yaya. He worked like an animal the whole game so that jersey was probably like drenched in sweat so hardcore. We would totally own a TK jersey, like for real.
SARGE!!! That would be a nice jersey to own.
That man is staring so intently at Letang that it's kinda creeping us out and we're already really creepy. It was funny though because the idiot forgot to sign the jersey, like he skated away before he signed.
Alyonka and the Pens Show interviewed the dude that got the Malkin jersey. He was probably crying about it.
That guy tried to give Sid the bro hug but you know that Sid was like, "Uh no, I don't do that. We're no bros, bitch."
Then Alyonka moved on to Kris Letang and interviewed him. LeTude was like, "HANDS OFF MY MAN."
All of the players were throwing shirts to the fans and Matt even worked the t-shirt gun. He looked like he was having the time of his life doing it.
A few fans threw their jerseys onto the ice for the Penguins to sign and they just laid there. Until Cappy came by and picked them up and then handed the pile of jerseys to the usher for that section. What a man.
We lost our voices from screaming for six goals, at Gonchar to get a man backdoor and karaoke-ing to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". And it was totally worth it. What a game to end it at Mellon Arena in the regular season.