Penguins 6 - Devils 1
If you would have said that the Pens would have scored six/seven goals against Martin Brodeur last night we would have kicked you in the vajay then laughed. We are sorry for doing that.
There's nothing we like more than beating the Devils by 5 goals. Of course it would have been better had Zach Parise scored instead of Brian Gionta.
Things we noticed while being sandwiched between Devils fans.....
- We were kinda late for the game, missing warm-ups which is usually our favorite thing. And when we got to our deats, we gave each other the look. We were literally sandwiched between Devils fans. The two guys to the left of us are usually there but the two guys to the right of us were new.
- The Devils fan to the right of us was wearing a Brodeur jersey. It was waaaaay too tight, like almost bursting at the seams tight. One of our favorite things to say, "Fat man in a little Brodeur." How appropriate.
- When the teams came out of the locker rooms, Fatty had to step out of the doorway sideways. So sad.
- The Devils looked disoriented after Matt Cooke's goal. Zach Parise was on every line and the defense was just getting rocked by the Penguins forecheck.
- When Brian Gionta scored, Fat Man In A Little Brodeur stood up and shook his logo at us. And he yelled, "Now you're sitting, Pens fans, woooo!" Henrik gave him a withering look cause he was an idiot.
- Grandpa Guerin scored. And he fought David Clarkson who was just a pain in the ass the whole game. Bitch has a bad attitude.
- We wonder what the official statistic is on how many times a game Jordan Staal misses an open net. At one point we were considering telling him that Fatty was that fat because he had cans of Beast hidden in his jersey. Maybe that's why he scored.
- On Cappy's goal, we weren't sure if he kicked it or if it deflected in without a distinct kicking motion because the Jumbotron is that bad. Whatever, it was a goal and that makes us happy.
- Was Kris Letang drunk? Did he go drinking that morning? Can we blame Max Talbot? Yes to all.
- We don't know what kind of target Dainius Zubrus had on his back but it had to be huge. First Brooks destroys him then Dumper Bob hipchecks him into another dimension.
- Nothing scares us more than a Brooks Orpik smile during a scrum that he started. It feels like you're been violated...but you like it.
- As everyone already knows, Brent Sutter went psycho at the end of the second period. Holik hit a Penguin (we forget who at this time) as the period ended and both teams were yapping at each other as they went to the locker rooms. Well, Sutter decides that the game isn't crazy enough so he goes batshit crazy.
(Not from the game but honestly doesn't matter cause the man has anger issues. We feel bad for Brandon...)
- We wish there were pictures of Sutter's explosion somewhere. His assistant coach had to come out and pull him away from the referee. Coachy and Yeo were kinda smiling at the whole melee.
- Sometimes it seems like Brodeur doesn't even care. Like on K-Unit's goal. He kinda made a save but didn't commit to it. Reminds us of another goaltender...
- The Devils whine about the officiating. Sutter thinks that Halbert went after David Clarkson. Clarkson says, "As I was leaving, I saw Gill. I don't know if he gave me a shove." What a little bitch. If you read between the lines, Zubrus calls Brooks dirty. Whatever.
- Let them whine, we know that Sweet Lou Lamoriello bought that 'roughing' penalty on Cappy in the third period. We wonder how many dolla bills that cost him.