We have a Twitter account...HockeyJunkies. If you have one, add us. We want to get as many followers as possible so that we can feel better about ourselves at the end of every day.
We also have some links for today...
- This happened a few games ago but we feel it's worth mentioning. Nashville Predators Martin Erat is out for the rest of the season because of a Shea Weber point shot. Can you imagine hitting a teammate in the back of the leg with a 100 mph puck? We would feel bad but we don't even think that Shea Weber cared.
- Someone took the time to piece together all quotes from Luke Schenn. Guess Leafs fans don't have much else to do.
- Speaking of Mr. Scheen, Cabbie visited him in the TML locker room and they played NHL09 together.
- While googling T.J. Oshie for fun we found this blog...St. Louis Game Time. And they did a skit with T.J. and Erik Johnson talking to each other on the phone. TJ Oshie Is Studying For Finals.
- YouTube always provides us with endless hours of entertainment. We found a video of Ben Lovejoy mic'd up during an AHL game against Bridgeport.
It's quite entertaining.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs signed the son of one of the Hanson Brothers. Christian Hanson grew up in Venetia, PA and went to Notre Dame for four years. Brian Burke is up to his usual tricks and we heard a rumor that Kevin Lowe is going to give an offersheet to the kid.
- Wooo! The Hockey Hall Of Fame is going to consider female candidates for the first time. One small step...
- Loose Change in The Hockey News picks players for a fake All Star team based on their names. Article. The Fedor Tyutin explanation makes us laugh.
- Islanders defenseman Bruno Gervais shows fans how to properly enjoy an intermission.
- Always one of our favorite sites for inside information, the Vancouver Canucks never disappoint. They had Steve Bernier talk about the recent road trip for the site. Link.
- This dude named Mike V has a blog on the Anaheim Ducks site and we are only linking this because of this quote..."If at the beginning of the season you would had told me that trading Kunitz, Pahlsson and Moen away would make the Ducks a better team I would have punched you right in the face."
- The Blues had a fan night and played all kinds of games with the fans who came.
- Speaking of the Blues, we want to know who picks their music in the locker room because it's just horrendous. They should be ashamed.
- The Penguins had their annual Skates And Plates/At Your Service Dinner whatever thingy. Link to pictures.
- Mike Cammalleri loves Alvin And The Chipmunks.
Are we surprised? Not really.