Penguins 3 - Canadiens 1
We were at work when the game was happening so we didn't know the outcome until we got the Pens text. And something puzzled us.
Why did Carey Price get the first star? Could it be because he is a Canadien and it was their last home game for the season? Or could it be because he was pretty much insane even though he lost?
It was like the Penguins didn't want to lose, like they actually cared about the outcome of the game. And it was fun to watch. No matter how awesome Carey played, they were better.
Our goaltender is better than your goaltender.
Things we noticed while watching the DVRed game.....
- When was the last time the Penguins dominated on the shot clock like that? We can't even remember the last time.
- Malkin's goal during the anthems was surprising. Even Mr. Price had no idea it went in.
He's like giving Malkin the death glare.
- We think that starting Dupuis and Talbot was really smart on Bylsma's part. It was like when Therrien played Laraque/Roberts/Ruutu when the Pens had that Western trip last season.
- Halbert also scored last night. We wonder if he knows how to not be obvious about it, though. Even Bobby was like, "He's looking up to the heavens. He did it."
- Even though Fleur had two shots on him the whole game he was sharp (using a Bobby term). Except when Halbert blocked his view.
- Every recap is gushing about Malkin winning the scoring title. It's a big deal but we've got other things to attend to. Congrats, Malkinator.
- One of the reasons we love JStaal is the fact that he's indestructible. Think of the last time that he was cut or hurt or left the game for an injury. Last night was the first time that we can think of.
- That puck to the face was intense. And we were forced to watch it slowed down like eight times. The funniest part is watching Cappy's face when it happens, his eyes get ooge as they follow what happens to JStaal.
- Was this the Kris Letang game?
After the kid scored short-handed, Bobby and Paul were slobbering over his name the rest of the game. First shorthanded goal in the NHL, that's worth slobbering over.
- Speaking of shorthanded, we want to thank Brooks Orpik for taking that penalty on Laraque. And we love how Bobby was laughing at how Laraque bought that penalty.
- Tablot's goal was awesome. We are happy that he got it after the first one didn't count.
- And Carey's save on Matt Cooke was pretty sweet. It was a desperation move but still, it was a pretty save.
- Towards the end of the period, Bob and Paul's comments were becoming more and more nostalgic. They were like reminiscing about the year and it sounded like two old men at a nursing home.