At 7:45 a.m. on Wednesday morning we were gathered around a laptop in the living room with various breakfast items and bed-hair.
And we didn't leave that room until 4:30 p.m unless we had to pee or take the dog out because both are dangerous situations if not dealt with.
James Duthie makes Trade Deadline Day on TSN fun.
He's calm during the craziness of deadlines, cool while other analysts freak out near him and of course, funny. The complete opposite of everyone's favorite pansy, Peirre McGuire. And he got Brian Burke to smile, not an easy feat.
Nothing really happened until around noon but it was a slow trade day anyway.
Let's review what happened on Trade Deadline Day:
- The New York Rangers got Derek Morris, Nik Antropov, Count Chocula, Yogi Bear and Oprah Winfrey with one trade. Selfish bastards.
- In the West, the Calgary Flames traded Matt Lombardi for Olli Jokinen. Not straight up but we forget what else was included in it.
- Pierre McGuire freaked out about Tampa's drafting ways. No one stopped his rant.
- Edmonton Oilers were part of a three team deal that had Bob McKenzie completely flustered until he figured out what happened. End result was Justin Williams is a King, Patrick O'Sullivan is an Oiler and Erik Cole is a Hurricane again.
- Jay Bouwmeester bores us to death. We're just happy that the Canucks didn't make a trade with the Panthers for him because it's bad enough that they signed Mats Sundin.
- The Penguins traded a conditional draft pick for Grandpa Guerin.
- Flyers traded Scottie Upshall for Steve Downie, oops we mean Daniel Carcillo. Does Bob Clarke only like players with issues?
- Bob Gainey decided that he was happy with his hand and stayed put.
- The Boston Bruins got slower at the deadline by trading a few picks and whatever for Mark Recchi.
- Peter Rabbit mentioned his Stanley Cup win a total of seventeen times during analysis of other team's trades.
Remember this? I won, remember that? Yeah, that time we won in Carolina?
- Steve Mason forced Pascal Leclaire out of Columbus. And the Blue Jackets got a little prettier by picking up Antoine Vermette.
- The Ducks cleaned house, giving Pahlsson to the Hawks and Moen/Huskins to the Sharks. Blowing it up...kinda.
- And that's about all that we think matters.