Penguins 4 - Rangers 3
Henrik wore her Lundqvist jersey to the game and only got about ten comments on it from men passing by. It's odd how it's always old men who say shit to a young girl at a game.
She also had a sign. It consisted of red sparkle board, silver and blue hearts with the roster pictures of her favorite Rangers pasted on the hearts. It was quite a sign. We would have a picture but our camera is out of commission currently.
Things we noticed while arguing with old male fans.....
- Someone had a sign that said "Rangers acquire A-very sloppy second." Best sign at Mellon Arena in a while.
- Max Talbot scored. Then Matt Cooke scored. It all started with Hal Gill's goal on Wednesday.
- All Henrik wanted was for her favorite Rangers to score and two of them did. Ryan Callahan's goal was just a sweet shot and Brandon Dubinsky's wraparound was almost a game-killer.
- Marc Staal was all over the ice. At one point Noodles said, "Is Staal Boy playing forward? Jesus, he's everywhere."
- Does the ineffectiveness of the power play bother anyone else besides the fans? It doesn't seem like the coaches or the players notice.
- The fight between TK and Avery was funny.
- By the end of the game there were at least four injured Penguins. Jordan Staal was slashed or something and was bent over when he skated back to the bench. Then Sid was hit and he was in pain on the bench. And Brooks Orpik tripped someone and hurt hisself. Then Mark Eaton was boarded from behind by Colton Orr and didn't come back.
- Speaking of Orr's ejection, we were more excited about John Tortorella getting pissed than the 5-minute power play. We were begging the refs to eject him. One of our wishes is that we get to see him ejected from a game some time in our lives.
- "The best thing about this is that Mark Eaton can't be on the point on the power play." Quote from Henrik. Horrible.
- Sid had to have more shots than just seven, he was shooting the puck every time he got it. Thank god he scored or Henrik would have jumped over the railing.
- Some dude behind us kept yelling at Sean Avery. We sit in D section so the man had to be farther back than us. We don't know why he was yelling because Avery would never have heard him from up there.
- Ruslan Fedotenko had a quiet three points. When he was announced as the first star we were shocked and had to think back to how many points he got. A goal and two assists ain't shabby.
- If it wasn't Henrik Lundqvist then who knows how many goals Captain would have had.
- We're glad that Mark Eaton isn't seriously hurt because we actually like this new and improved version of him. He's playing better.
- And we're also happy that Captain won it in regulation.