Everyone's waiting for the sky to fall, for the Penguins to lose. But they have to keep holding their breath.
We got to hear the end of the game on the radio. And we forgot how much we love Mike Lange, seriously. His shootout goal calls were awesome.
Talking to the Grand Pooba of Hockey (a.k.a. our uncle), he had a few insights on the game that we didn't watch.
1. Hal Gill had a stinker of a game.
2. Malkin had the puck on a string as Steigy would say. And was playing like he was just fucking with the Panters defense. He was everywhere and you couldn't knock the puck off of him.
3. Crosby had his usual game, you know, where he passes the puck through ninety skates and gets it to a linemates stick but he's so shocked that it made it there that he whiffs. Yeah, that kind of game for him.
4. The Panters would have lost 10-3 if it wasn't for Vokoun. He stood on his head through the whole game. And not giving up rebounds like some other goaltender that shall remain nameless.
5. Although Fleury kept the Penguins in the game, held the fort until someone could tie the game up because the way they were playing it was only a matter of time.
P.S. - The Grand Pooba is the only man we know over the age of 40 who is not obsessed with Kris Letang. It's a miracle.