Penguins 4 - Capitals 3 SO
EDIT: One of the Hockey Junkies correspondents, Macke, was in attendance at the game. And she wrote an awesome recap of sorts on the livejournal site I Wanna Puck. If you're a member (which most female hockey fans are) then go read it. Link.
We would like to thank Penguins fan Beth Wellhausen of Bethel Park for the title of our post. What a quote.
Let's just say one thing...new coach is 8-1-1 and the Pens swept the ninety game road trip. We are so proud.
We are not ashamed to admit that the Capitals scare the shit out of us. And winning this game was ooge.
Everyone was making a big deal about Cappy and Ovechkin and the bullshit that went down the last game. Even Rob Rossi and his yellow turtlenecks made a statement.
All we have to say about it is, "Whatever." We like the fan quotes he got for that article. Some "Penguins" fans don't understand what we get to see every game. Evgeni Malkin is good but there isn't anyone like Sidney Crosby.
Speaking of fans, aren't these Capital fans so awesome? We like how the guy's like 40 years old and so obsessed with a 21-year-old.
What a classy fan.
Things we noticed while yelling about the defense in our living room.....
- The penalty kill was beast. We think it was because of Hal Gill.
- Letang forgot that this wasn't a shinny game and passed the puck to Backstrom's boobs. Semin scored of course.
That's why "other" players are better. Understand?
- During a Green/Malkin scrum and our mother imitates Malkin saying, "I'll borscht you."
- Gonch was money in the bank on the power play. What a human.
- Photographic evidence of Mike Green turtling.
- When Grandpa Guerin scored, Noodles yelled out instinctively "BILL GUERIN FUCKER!"
- LeTude wants to be adopted by Sergei Gonchar. We think she would be a very happy daughter.
- We laughed when Paul said that the Capitals have a "gang mentality", totally believe it.
- Sid freaked the hell out when Kunitz forgot to come onto the ice. That made us laugh really hard.
-Kris Letang was pissed. And he has nice hair, just fyi.
- Overtime was completely crazy. It was back and forth and back and forth and so many chances for both sides.
- Malkin was mauled by Erskine.
- How did all nine players lose where the puck was? No one was aware of where it was. That was just odd.
- Brooke Orpik Face Of The Game...
- We were holding hands when the shootout was going down.
- Cooke was helping Fleur with the shootout, telling him who is a joke and who does what. Maybe he was the one who told Fleur that the Caps were susceptible to faking the pokecheck.
- Cappy's shootout goal was sex. It was amazing and fantastic and whatever. What a man.