Penguins 6 - Thrashers 2
After watching the Thrashers play, er actually crush the Capitals the night before on Versus we were admittedly nervous about the Penguins playing them. A streaky team can be scary sometimes.
Noodles good friend Nikki went to the game with her. Just so you know about Nikki, she is an OOGE Colby Armstrong fan. Like, she's married to him ooge and wants to have his illegitimate children ooge.
Nearly everyone we knew was at this game someway or another and we met them all after the game outside Gate Two just for the hell of it.
Things we noticed while shaking it like Hal Gill on the Jumbotron.....
- DJPo's sweater was epic (word of the night). We know the history on it so we won't regale you with details.
- We didn't even get into our seats yet and the Thrashers scored. We blame this dude we met outside the arena who said that Dumper Bob always scores on the Penguins. And we told him that Dumper Bob only does that when the Penguins play against the Rangers. Guess we were wrong.
- Bryan Little has 30 goals? Who would have guessed.
- The planet that is Evgeni Malkin was on fire last night. He was everywhere and was all over that puck. His first goal was sex. And the second one wasn't bad either.
- We can't believe how many empty nets Grandpa Guerin and K-Unit missed the whole game. There were a lot of "OMG HOW DID YOU MISS THAT?!" moments with that line on the ice.
- OMG MALKIN WASN'T ON THE POINT?! THAT'S GENIUS!!! Duh, Mike Yeo.
- Mark Eaton had a fucking game. He was in the bad-boy box twice. And sammiched between penalties, he scored a goal on a two-on-one with Sarge. Then he cocksmacked Fleury who was forced to make a ridiculous save.
- Speaking of Sarge, he also had a great game. His goal on the power play made us all forget about Dumper Bob's second goal of the season.
- We told Nikki that she picked one of the most exciting games to see this season. There were 8 goals, scrums after every whistle and a penalty shot.
- Malkin's penalty shot was hilarious. He just went wide and did a little something then shot it at Hedberg's logo. Right where he likes it.
- One of the notorious Debbie Downers was sitting in front of us in his too-tight Malkin jersey. He groaned every time he presumed Sidney Crosby did something wrong.
- The scrum at the end of the game got everyone out of their seats. You know it's bad when Letang throws a punch. Has he ever fought someone? We don't think so because with the rage that is bottled up inside that kid the person he fought wouldn't be alive to tell the story.
- Eric Godard is not to be messed with. Just ask Chris Thorburn.
- Jordan Staal has 20 goals. We never want him to go. That and the fact that Sidney Crosby would leave too.
- There's some lip service about the tripping penalty on Matt Cooke when he hit Zach Bogosian. Apparently, the rookie was injured and Thrashers head coach is whining for a punishment. Whatever.
- After the game we stood outside with other fans and cheered the players coming out.
- Evgeniya and Nikki were concerned with seeing Colby Armstrong. And when he came out, he waved at all the fans screaming his name. And waved again as the bus pulled away.
- The fans chanted "MVP" at Malkin. And his father was the only one who was excited. Mrs. Malkin gives epic Russian bitchfaces.
- When Ruslan Fedotenko came out, we cheered for him like always. But Nikki, who was standing between us, screamed "RUSLAN! I WANNA TOUCH YOUR HAIR!" We were horrified until Feds turned around and ran his fingers through his hair while smiling up at us. Needless to say, we were crying from laughter.
- Eric Godard was wearing a cream pimp suit. He looked good.
- Usually kind of a douchebag, Jordan Staal was in a really good mood. He waved at the cheering fans (which he never does), signed a couple things for fans above him then beeped as he drove out of the parking lot.
- Kris Letang was the last player to leave and he didn't look happy at all. We convinced LeTude to get her jersey signed and by convinced we mean ripped it off her body and ran up the hill to get it signed. On our way back to the car she stopped and gasped, making us think that something bad happened then she said, "Kris touched this. Oh my god." We murdered her.
- We might have had more fun at this game than any other we went to this season. And it wasn't just the fact that the Penguins won.